Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
I reached my goal
Friday, December 29, 2006
Around March, I decided to read a book a week this year. I'm happy to report that I've reached that goal and even went over by one (maybe two if I finish Jack Kerouac's The Dharma Bums by Sunday, which is totally possible).

Here is the list of books I read this past year.

13: A Journey Into the Number by Jonathan Cott
A History of the the World in Six Glasses by Tom Standage
A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Averno by Louise Gluck
Biginning with O by Olga Broumas
Black Zodiac by Charles Wright
Break, Blow, Burn by Camille Paglia
Constance by Jane Kenyon
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Diving Into the Wreck by Adrienne Rich
Geek Love by Katherine Dunn
Gilgamesh by Stephen Mitchell (translator)
Hapax by A.E. Stallings
Jacklight by Louise Erdrich
Kicking the Leaves by Donald Hall
Late Wife by Claudia Emerson
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Mercy by Lucille Clifton
Notable American Women by Ben Marcus
Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh
Regarding Wave by Gary Snyder
Rhyme's Reason by John Hollander
Saturday by Ian McEwan
Silk by Alessandro Baricco
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Songs of Experience by William Blake
Songs of Innocence by William Blake
Stars Which See, Stars Which Do Not See by Marvin Bell
Surviving the Moment of Impact by T. Cole Rachel
Swithering by Robin Robertson
The Apple that Astonished Paris by Billy Collins
The Art of Writing: Lu Chi's Wen Fu by Lu Chi (translated by Sam Hamill)
The Baby Jesus Butt Plug by Carlton Mellick III
The Coma by Alex Garland
The Death of Ahasuerus by Par Lagerkvist
The Driver's Seat by Muriel Spark
The Dumb Waiter by Harold Pinter
The Final Solution by Michael Chabon
The Game by Neil Strauss
The It-Doesn't-Matter-Suit by Sylvia Plath
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
The Misanthrope by Moliere
The Night Abraham Called to the Stars by Robert Bly
The Odyssey by Homer
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
The Shape of Things by Neil LaBute
The Way Water Moves by John Brehm
The Whitsun Weddings by Philip Larkin
Two Trees by Ellen Bryant Voigt
Walking to Sleep by Richard Wilbur
What's the Matter with Kansas? by Thomas Frank
Without Blood by Alessandro Baricco
posted by pimplomat @ 10:56 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At Friday, 29 December, 2006, Blogger Leah Shafer said…

    Damn, that is impressive. I think I got through twenty, tops. Did you buy them all or go the library route?

     
  • At Friday, 29 December, 2006, Blogger Churlita said…

    Good job. I've read many of those books, but I spread them out over many, many years.

     
  • At Friday, 29 December, 2006, Blogger pimplomat said…

    Churlita: Thank you. I believe for 2007, I'll read books that in the past I've started and never finished...the great reread of 2007, I'll call it.

    Trixieskips: Oh, you know me...it's Half Price Books all the way.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory