Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
The Idle Hands
Monday, November 20, 2006
Since I've taken a break from reading several music blogs a day, I've found myself more relaxed and happier with music. I still read some music blogs (mainly local ones), but not having to keep up with every new, up-and-coming band has done wonders in lowering my creative stress. And it was a relief the other night to actually discover a band the old fashioned way, via the radio.

Josh from the Adventure Club played a song from Minneapolis-based band The Idle Hands. What interested me at first about the song "Loaded" was its early 1980s retro feel, making me immediately think of the Plimsouls. I'm not certain I still want to compare them to the Plimsouls, but they definitely capture the early 80s sound in the four songs I've heard on their Web site. Since I'm big fan of that era of music, it's no wonder I'm drawn to this band, hoping they make several new fans in the upcoming year.

Here's the video for "Loaded." This song will definitely be on my "Top 10 Songs of 2006" list.

posted by pimplomat @ 2:43 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory