Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
I am a purchaser of fine art
Monday, December 04, 2006
On Friday, the Plus One and I attended Art Conspiracy II, an event organized to raise money for charity by auctioning off art from some of North Texas' best and up-and-coming artists.

As mentioned before on this blog, I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Morgan's art. Last year, I was outbid for her Art Conspiracy entry. This year, I was determined to win one of her pieces. And win I did. It wasn't easy (thanks to the lady who kept one-upping me) and it wasn't cheap (thanks again to the same lady who kept upping the price), but I'm happy with my purchase. Maybe I'll becoming an art collector instead of book collector now.

Here's what I bought:

posted by pimplomat @ 1:02 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At Monday, 04 December, 2006, Blogger pilgrimchick said…

    Too bad you had to compete with someone for the art, but it's great that you ultimately got it. It is too bad that too few people recognize artists of today--I hear too often how people think that art is a proverbial "lost art form."

     
  • At Monday, 04 December, 2006, Blogger Mr Atrocity said…

    That's a lovely picture, good work on the purchase. Putting beautiful things on your wall is pretty much guaranteed to improve your mood, and whatever it cost it's probably cheaper than therapy.

     
  • At Tuesday, 05 December, 2006, Blogger clay said…

    was present for this bidding war&must say it stirred up some great energy..congrats..tis beautiful&was a fun night.
    cheers&HappyHolidays

     
  • At Sunday, 07 January, 2007, Blogger Bee Skelton said…

    It's great when you manage to acquire artwork you've set your heart on. It's a terrific buzz for the artist too, to know their work is appreciated.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory