Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
Shreveport was kind to us part two
Thursday, July 06, 2006
As as I was saying, Dirtfoot put on an incredible show that had several people dancing and singing along. I mean, who can't love a band that inspires people to dance with boxes on their heads?



The next day, we headed out to a flea market where I was tempted to buy several cheap adult movies. I decided to save my money for some pie from the famous Strawn's Eat Shop. The place is known worldwide for its delicious ice box pies. Josh and Jill dove right in, but not before taking this oh, so cutesy picture.



In the end, I believe my favorite part about Shreveport was how nice everyone was to each other. "Sweetie," "honey," and "sugar" were commonly used and never in any sexual way. At the bars, too, every sort mixed. From bikers to hippies to sorority girls, there never was a "cooler-than-thou" attitude that is often found here in Dallas. The hipsters were non-existent. Well, maybe except for this guy.



Song of the Day
"Shreveport Stomp" by Jelly Roll Morton
(Thanks to Trees Lounge for the link.)
posted by pimplomat @ 10:42 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory