Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
Do Dallas: The Women's Museum
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Fair Park is one of my favorite Dallas locations. Mainly, it's because of a few bars in the area. However, across the street from the wonderful Meridian Room sits The Women's Museum, an equally remarkable venue, or so I hear. Every time I walk from the Meridian Room to the Fallout Lounge, I see it looking at me, wondering when I'm going to visit it. I try not to look it in the eye, because I'm ashamed of myself for not yet taking a walk through one of Dallas' top attractions.

The Women's Museum: An Institute for the Future is a Smithsonian affiliate and is the United States' only comprehensive women's history museum. Opening in 2000, the museum chronicles the lives of more than 3,000 U.S. women using interactive exhibits to explore their contributions throughout U.S. history, and to examine the similarities and differences among women's lives across time. The museum offers educational and enrichment programs, group tours and school tours.

The museum is located at 3800 Parry Avenue in Fair Park. Currently through Sept. 10, the museum will host a special exhibit: Women Photographers at National Geographic.

For more information, visit www.thewomensmuseum.org.

Song of the Day
"Independent Women" by Elbow
(Thanks to indie christoph for the link.)
posted by pimplomat @ 1:03 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory