Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
Sweet Tea Project
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
As some of my friends know, I love sweet tea. And for many months, I've been thinking of starting a Web site that catalogues where one can purchase sweet tea in restaurants and which establishments have the best sweet tea.

Also, there will be a Wall of Shame for places that you feel should carry sweet tea and don't (I'm looking at you Babe's Chicken Dinner House in Carrollton).

Specifically, I'm searching for Dallas/Denton/Fort Worth establishments, but I'm open to resturants that are nationwide with at least one location in the metroplex.

This is where you come in. I need your suggestions and ratings. Please leave me a comment of where the sweet tea is and how you rate it (one star=bad; five stars=a gift from the sweet tea god). If you run another blog, please let your readers know of this project. The more that participate, the better the ratings will be.

I see some of you over there giggling. Damn it, I'm serious. Sweet tea is serious business, especially here in Texas. And for those that think you can just put sugar in your plain tea to make it sweet...you just don't know the real pleasure of sweet tea properly made. You may as well be a Republican in my book if you think table sugar packets are going to make your plain tea sweet. You probably hate America, too.

The Sweet Tea List (on going and with my ratings...please feel free to let me know if your rating of these are different; I'll average the scores)

Alligator Cafe (Dallas): 4 stars
Golden Chick (various metroplex locations): 3 stars
Jason's Deli (various metroplex locations): 2 stars
Church's Chicken (various metroplex locations): 2.5 stars
Popeye's Chicken (various metroplex locations): 1.5 stars
Grandy's (a few metroplex locations): 3 stars
Dicky's Barbecue (various metroplex locations): 3 stars

Song of the Day
posted by pimplomat @ 12:52 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, 27 June, 2006, Blogger Eric Grubbs said…

    I was born yesterday: please explain the difference between regular tea and sweet tea for the audience.

     
  • At Tuesday, 27 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This post really just made me shake my head and let out a long sigh, Nerd City.

     
  • At Tuesday, 27 June, 2006, Blogger scruffylooking said…

    I don't drink coffee,(sick, I know)so I am all about any kind of tea. Since I live too far away, I can't help you in your quest but I will be here if you need someone to shame the bad sweet tea makers for you. I'm good at shaming.

     
  • At Tuesday, 27 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sweet tea is swill. I'll let you know if I see it on a menu somewhere, but I'm sure as hell not taste testing it.


    Cari

     
  • At Tuesday, 27 June, 2006, Blogger mochila said…

    taco delite's sweet tea equals liquid candy (which equals 5 stars).

     
  • At Wednesday, 28 June, 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    Eventhough I'm a yankee, I've always had a thing for sweet tea. It was a consideration when I decided to go to school in North Carolina. I will keep you informed of the state of sweet tea there.

     
  • At Wednesday, 28 June, 2006, Blogger pimplomat said…

    Eric: I'll buy you some sweet tea from Alligator Cafe for you to sample.

    bitessa: I'm going to take that as a vote of 4 stars for the Alligator Cafe.

    Scruffylooking: Can we get gang jackets that say "Sweet Tea Shamers"?

    Cari: Are you sure you're from Texas?

    Mochila: Thank you. I'll regisiter your vote. Amazing that you're (so far) the only Texan to contribute.

    Ondine Cleaver: What's with the new name? And considering a school based on if there is sweet tea nearby is saintly.

     
  • At Wednesday, 28 June, 2006, Blogger .Tif said…

    You said Babe's and now I'm craving a giant chicken fried steak. And their corn!!! Oh the corn.

    But about the tea - I'm all on board about finding good sweet tea and will follow you religiously in your pursuit. Chicken Express has a decent one. I'd give it three and a half. Chili's came out with a sweet tea but it was not so delightful for my buds but maybe okay for non sweet tea aficionados.

     
  • At Wednesday, 28 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cari is completely right in her assertion of sweet tea's swill-ness!

    Furthermore, I am not understanding the distinction between they putting the sugar packets in the tea and swirling it around, and you putting the sugar packets in the tea and swirling it around. Explain please!

    Apparently a Republican *spit*,
    James

     
  • At Wednesday, 28 June, 2006, Blogger .Tif said…

    To James The Republican:

    Sugar doesn't disolve in cold liquid and sweet tea is meant to be (and should be) served ice cold. Especially on hot summer days. Sugar melts only into hot liquids. So to make sweet tea properly you must add the sugar to the tea right after brewing. Otherwise if you do it yourself, you end up with sugar just sitting at the bottom of you glass since restaurants serve it cold with ice. And of course Sweet N Low, Splenda, Equal, and etc melt in cold liquid but they just don't taste the same as sugar .

     
  • At Wednesday, 28 June, 2006, Blogger Joshua said…

    Jason asked me to weigh in on this debate... Which is crazy because he's seen me order tea before and heard me says this as well... I don't drink sweet tea, I only drink regular ice tea. No sugar. No sweet n' low. Nothin. Just regular tea for me! I'm sweet enough already..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory