Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
The jeans issue
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Fair warning: I may offend some of my female readers (and probably some metrosexual guys). I have to ask, though, what is the deal with embroidered jeans? You know, jeans like this:



Or like this:



And why is it that I only see women over 30 wearing them? My 19-year-old sisters don't wear them, but a 38-year-old single woman will gladly stride through a bar in them. Is it a status statement? Look at me. I'm older, I have more money. I can afford to wear fancy jeans.

Or is it purely a peacocking effort. Oh, I see I just caught the eye of that guy across the room with my faux-diamond embroidered jeans. He's so going home with me tonight.

Seriously, women who own these jeans (and I know who you are), please tell me why you have them and why you wear them.

Poem of the Day for National Poetry Month
"Bricklayer Love"
by Carl Sandburg

I thought of killing myself because I am only a bricklayer
and you a woman who loves the man who runs a drug store.

I don't care like I used to; I lay bricks straighter than I
used to and I sing slower handling the trowel afternoons.

When the sun is in my eyes and the ladders are shaky and the
mortar boards go wrong, I think of you.

Song of the Day
"Mount Wroclai (Idle Days)" by Beirut
posted by pimplomat @ 12:46 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, 25 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    some women just have really bad taste.. like the men who like to wear women's jeans. to quote john stossel.. "give me a break."

     
  • At Tuesday, 25 April, 2006, Blogger pimplomat said…

    But Ishi, you told me you liked seeing me in women's jeans. Something about them making my ass look good.

     
  • At Tuesday, 25 April, 2006, Blogger Leah Shafer said…

    Are they really that bad in comparison to, say, spandex and fanny packs?

     
  • At Wednesday, 26 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You and your clothing particularitites. Some people like embroidery on their jeans, some people don't.

    Some people like flip flops, others don't.

    Potato, potahto.

    Cari

     
  • At Wednesday, 26 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jason, i think you're mistaken. i said there's no room for a boy's package in women's jeans. though it probably does squeeze your butt, too. and who wouldn't like that?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory