Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
Getinwhereyoufitin
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Upon my arrival back from New York City, I learned that one of my favorite bars closed down. The Double Wide, with its $1 Pabst Blue Ribbons and trailer-trash charm, shuttered its doors after three years of great live shows and endless tornado footage. I pour my PBR out to you, dear DW.

And now on with the NYC recap.

Celebrities spotted: Alice Quinn, poetry editor for The New Yorker, and Jorie Graham, Pulitzer Prize-winning poet.

Number of pizzas eaten: One slice, which I made Kim share with me.



Number of hot dogs eaten: One, at the Mets game.



Scary statues encountered: Two





Scary vegetables encountered: One (my friend, Julia, pictured with it)



Number of thongs seen in a restaurant: One



Number of times I offered up anal: One



Number of times I raised a glass with my friend Mike: Three



Best misunderstood question: "Do you have a sandwich?" I replied no. However, she really asked me, "Do you speak English?"

Best bathroom message:



And finally, best example of pro vs. con smoking in bars: Top ceiling tile, pre-smoking band; bottom ceiling tile, after smoking ban.



It was a great trip, and I'm looking forward to my next visit, where Kim and I will attempt to either hijack David Letterman, Conan O'Brien or Andy Samburg...or maybe all three.

Poem of the Day for National Poetry Month
"Some Trees"
by John Ashbery

These are amazing: each
Joining a neighbor, as though speech
Were a still performance.
Arranging by chance

To meet as far this morning
From the world as agreeing
With it, you and I
Are suddenly what the trees try

To tell us we are:
That their merely being there
Means something; that soon
We may touch, love, explain.

And glad not to have invented
Such comeliness, we are surrounded:
A silence already filled with noises,
A canvas on which emerges

A chorus of smiles, a winter morning.
Placed in a puzzling light, and moving,
Our days put on such reticence
These accents seem their own defense.

Song of the Day
"Corazon" by Bishop Allen
posted by pimplomat @ 2:02 PM  
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory