Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
Ali's Always Getting Blamed
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Breaking News: My band, Ashburne Glen, has an upcoming show with those charming fellows, Pegasus Now, on Friday, June 9, at Dallas' DarkSide Lounge. If you're in town, please attend the show. We'll wink at you from the stage.

So, I heard The Raconteurs' album today. If you're not familiar with this supergroup, then let me explain. The band consists of Jack Lawrence and Patrick Keeler from The Greenhornes, Brendan Benson, and Jack White, from, well, The White Stripes.

With all the hype surrounding the band, one might expect great songs. That's not what I discovered. I'm not saying the songs are bad; they're just not take my head off in ecstasy great. In a laser/shotgun comparison, they're definitely shotgun. Standout tracks include "Steady As She Goes," "Store Bought Bones," and "Blue Veins."

Poem of the Day for National Poetry Month
"The Vacuum"
by Howard Nemerov

The house is so quiet now
The vacuum cleaner sulks in the corner closet,
Its bag limp as a stopped lung, its mouth
Grinning into the floor, maybe at my
Slovenly life, my dog-dead youth.

I’ve lived this way long enough,
But when my old woman died her soul
Went into that vacuum cleaner, and I can’t bear
To see the bag swell like a belly, eating the dust
And the woolen mice, and begin to howl

Because there is old filth everywhere
She used to crawl, in the corner and under the stair.
I know now how life is cheap as dirt,
And still the hungry, angry heart
Hangs on and howls, biting at air.

From The Collected Poems of Howard Nemerov, copyright © 1977.

Song of the Day
Ali's Historical Theme Song by Muhammad Ali
posted by pimplomat @ 1:53 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, 05 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's like jack white got the led zep iv out of his system and now he's going through a led zep ii phase...

    a lot of people didn't really like when led zep did it either.....

     
  • At Thursday, 06 April, 2006, Blogger goodaudra said…

    haha, your anonymous fan is sooo funny. I'll be attending your show with a possible guest.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory