Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
Land of Talk
Monday, March 27, 2006
I'm not going to pretend for this place to be a music blog, because other blogs do a much better job at it than I ever could. Examples of some good music blogs can be found here, here, here and here.

I've discovered a lot of good music, thanks to MP3 blogs of late. Without them, I'd probably still be stuck in 1987 listening to the Cure's Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me over and over again. And thanks to Chris over at Gorilla vs. Bear, I've recently discovered my second favorite song of 2006.

Everyone, go now and listen to Land of Talk. Chris describes them as "early Cat Power, with an extra dose of rock." Seeing as how I only really like Cat Power when she does attempt to up the notch volume-wise, I thought this band could be worth listening to. And I'm so glad I did. I particularly enjoy "Sea Foam." I wish I had a radio show, so I could play it non-stop, like Dewey Phillips did with Elvis Presley's version of "That's Alright Mama."

So, for the record there are now two songs on my "Best Songs of 2006" list: "Roscoe" by Midlake and "Sea Foam" by Land of Talk.

Land of Talk: Now here's a band to really get behind.
posted by pimplomat @ 12:08 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At Monday, 27 March, 2006, Blogger Long_Division said…

    Hey! Will you still be in NYC on the 17th? Cause LOT is playing at the Knitting Factory and we should go.

     
  • At Monday, 27 March, 2006, Blogger pimplomat said…

    Nope...just April 7-10. YOU should go see them on the 17th and report back to us your exeperience.

     
  • At Tuesday, 28 March, 2006, Blogger goodaudra said…

    "early Cat Power, with an extra dose of rock." - sounds totally gross. I'll give it a try though I've already decided to hate it. Meh, what's going on this weekend? Are you going to be attending The Shapes show on friday I think? peace.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory