Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
Chillaxing at the Cavern
Friday, March 24, 2006
Last night, I finally got a chance to see the much-hyped Pegasus Now (not a NME type of hype, but it's getting close...thanks Sam M.).

I will admit that I'm friends with half of the band, so I won't even pretend to be objective. They're a good band, and they showed promise of becoming a great band. I heard traces of 1970s a.m. radio pop and Josh Rouse in their songs. However, one person told me she would file them under Yacht Rock. If you've never heard of Yacht Rock, just click on that link in the previous sentence and learn yourself something new.

After Pegasus Now ended their set in front of a very large audience, the as always wonderful and talented Tah Dahs took the stage. Unfortunately, they only had about a quarter of the crowd that Pegasus Now commanded. The Tah Dahs now have shirts for sale. I bought one. I shall wear it proudly at the next kickball game.

Another thing: There were a ton of good-looking people at the show. I'm not sure why, but I'll tell you what, even if you don't like Pegasus Now's music, you should attend a show just to surround yourself by good-looking people. Unless you don't like good-looking people. Then you can just go hang out on the porch of the banjo player in Deliverance.
posted by pimplomat @ 2:06 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At Sunday, 26 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pegasus now, yacht rock? hmmm. maybe the few good elements of yacht rock.. i was pretty impressed and thought they sounded like a mixture of several good things. much better than pure "yacht rock".. i'm gonna go see'em again, i know that much...

     
  • At Sunday, 26 March, 2006, Blogger swirly girl said…

    I'm glad you brought up the stuff in the last paragraph. I was just thinking that I don't know enough of the latter bunch. I need to meet more not-so-good-looking-people.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory