Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
B.C. Trip Part Two
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Today, I learned that every building in Victoria, British Columbia, is haunted. At least, that is the way it appeared on our ghost walk guide. But maybe it's true. I'm tempted at this time (1:28 a.m. Pacific Time) to go to the Fairmont Empress and see if I can witness the elderly ghost knocking on doors on the sixth floor.

Also, I hung out with the Aussies tonight. We visited a couple of pubs, and I was able to keep up with their drinking. One bar we went to was pretty much the sister bar to the DoubleWide, a bar in Dallas. Where the DoubleWide has velvet paintings all over the place, this bar, called Big Bad John's, had bras and panties hanging all over the venue. The walls were covered in photographs and old money, and the music was old-school country & western. If I lived here, it would be my local.

Tomorrow, we go to Vancouver.

And in other news, I should stop saying things are going well, because that makes things not go well. Maybe I jinxed myself.
posted by pimplomat @ 1:30 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At Thursday, 23 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So excited for you. The Empress is such a great place, it reminds me of my grandmother.

    Vancouver is sublime, I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    Be careful with the Aussies! They can always drink me under the table. And that can get me into trouble

    cj

     
  • At Thursday, 23 February, 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    I always knew you could do it pimplomat! keeping up with the aussies, i mean.

     
  • At Thursday, 23 February, 2006, Blogger nerver said…

    i wanna go to vancouver.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory