Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
I think Prince is courting me
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
The other night, my neighbor and I went to a bar for a few drinks. Somebody played "Purple Rain," by Prince. It's such a classic song. I immediately wanted to get up and dance with my neighbor, slowing dancing with my arms resting on her waist, our bodies at least a foot away from each other, feet barely shuffling along. The song brought up too many memories of awkward junior high and high school dances.

Alas, we did not dance. However, we did decide to keep drinking, taking ourselves down to our local bar to listen to the open mic proceedings. While there, someone decided to cover "Purple Rain."

Last night, at the bar, the familiar strains of "Purple Rain" came on again. Three times in one week. It's obviously a sign. (You can start making your Prince/The Sign jokes now).
posted by pimplomat @ 8:28 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At Wednesday, 05 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is a sign. If it comes on next time we're out, we are going to have to dance. It is our duty. Prince will not be denied!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory