Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
Welcome to Robotburgh
Monday, May 01, 2006
Most of my friends are shocked when I tell them this, and it's true: Pittsburgh is one of the cleanest cities I've visited. Steel mills no longer line the rivers (there are only two today, and they're outside the city), and the rivers are safe enough to swim, play and fish in.

The streets are immaculately clean, and most of the citizens had fresh faces and thin bodies. It truly is a beautiful city that is trying hard to overcome its past image of a dirty and industrial township.

While there, I also learned that I've been pronouncing Carnegie's name incorrectly all my life. Damn you television!

Some facts about Pittsburgh:

Mister Rogers' real neighborhood is Oakland, home to WQED, the first public television in the country and the "Neighborhood of Make Believe."

Pittsburgh has 723 bridges, more than any other city in the world except Venice, Italy.

Carnegie Mellon University established First Robotics Institute, and Pittsburgh is sometimes referred to as Robotburgh.

Hugh J. Ward first came up with the concept of bingo in Pittsburgh and began running the game at carnivals in the early 1920s, taking it nationwide in 1924. He secured a copyright on the game and wrote a book of Bingo rules in 1933.

And now your favorite part: pictures!


A Primanti sandwich. I didn't eat one.


Cool public art.


Unfortunately, these were not part of our gift packs.


Ass shot.


What the hell?


Fireworks after the baseball game.

Song of the Day
"Red Morning" by Devics
posted by pimplomat @ 2:10 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At Monday, 01 May, 2006, Blogger nerver said…

    How could you not eat that sandwich?! It looks absolutely brilliant.

     
  • At Tuesday, 02 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am totally wanting a sandwich now. Mmmm, sandwich.

     
  • At Tuesday, 02 May, 2006, Blogger pimplomat said…

    Nerver: I wasn't hungry at the time; plus, it wasn't my sandwich.

    Cari: Yes, I totally forgot to mention Warhol. I would like to go back to Pittsburgh, because I didn't get a chance to visit the Warhol Museum. I did see the Warhol Bridge, though.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory