Pimplomat

 
Links
These sites usually talk about other things besides music These sites mainly talk about music
More like Little Miss Freaking Fantastic
Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Last night, I was able to see a screening of
Little Miss Sunshine (thank you Angelika mailing list!). Just to get to the juice, all I'm going to say is GO SEE THIS MOVIE! In the theater. With a large crowd, if possible. Pay regular price. You should even support your local theater for showing it by purchasing some of their overpriced edibles.

The movie is directed by Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, who are well-known for their music videos (e.g., "Tonight, Tonight" by the Smashing Pumpkins; "Wolves Lower" by R.E.M.), and they were attendance at the screening, answering audience questions and explaining the ups and downs of releasing an independent film.

The story's narrative arc pushes and pulls you along to a satisfying ending; character development is well-rounded, allowing the audience to bond with the different personalities; and the script is believable with a slight touch of farce to keep it interesting and entertaining. Finally, the soundtrack was done by Devotchka, who have released one of my favorite albums of the year.

When I first saw the preview, I didn't think the movie was going to be very good. Then I saw the preview again, and I became a little more interested. The movie delivers; for once you can believe the hype.

In other news, for a good time check out these hot (Hott?, Hawt?) new blogs:
Suck it Trebek
Wednesday Night Mexican Club

One more thing: My blog's birthday is coming up soon. I'd like to change the template in honor of it turning a year old. If anyone has any ideas or links for free, cool looking templates, please send them my way. Thanks.
posted by pimplomat @ 2:06 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Pimplomat pimplomat
Home: Texas Dallas, TX
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Other Things

Personal Blog Top Sites


Blog Flux Directory